Published on: March 25, 2022
National smoothie brand names award recipients, including Inspire Better and Franchisee of the Year
Tropical Smoothie Cafe announced its franchisee award recipients at the brand’s 2022 annual Convention, held recently in Orlando, Florida. This is the first in-person convention the fast-casual brand has hosted since 2019.
“There is nothing better than spending time, in person, celebrating our franchisees, who embody our core belief that fun defines us and inspiring better deserves enthusiastic recognition,” said Charles Watson, CEO of Tropical Smoothie Café, LLC. “We saw an incredible year of growth and innovation in 2021, and our franchisees continue to play a crucial part in our company’s continued success.”
The Tropical Smoothie Cafe awards were created to acknowledge the exceptional work of the company’s franchisees, and the performance of their cafes and crew members. Some awards categories and recipients include:
Service Awards: Recognizes those who embody what it is to be in the business of serving others, whether in their cafes or in their communities.
- Inspire Better Award – Karyn Ferreria, Fairhaven, Massachusetts
- Difference Maker – DYNE Hospitality Group, Glen and Nick Crouch, Little Rock, Arkansas, and Jacksonville, Florida
- Emerging Leader – Eric Metz, Havre de Grace, Maryland
Marketing: Recognizes the operators who execute best-in-class local store marketing and fundraising, and consistently distinguish themselves as active brand builders in their communities.
- Brand Promise Award – Kevin and Sandra Jennings, North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Operations: Recognizes franchisees who prioritize excellence in brand standards and training, food excellence and guest experience in their cafes.
- Guest Experience Award – Amber and Joby Sharier, Arnold, Missouri
Development: Recognizes extraordinary development strategy throughout the year.
- Developers of the Year – Hani Halloun and Edward Joubran and DYNE Hospitality Group, Grand Blanc and Troy, Michigan
Values Awards: Recognizes franchisees who represent the brand’s core values perfectly in their cafes and communities.
- Relationships Rule Award – Lesie Lindsey, Delaware, and Steve and Peggy Johns, Schertz, Texas
- Think Bigger Award – Mike Philip, Springdale, Arkansas
- All in Award – Tim Poulos, Springfield and Troy, Ohio
- High Five Award – Julie Munson, Toledo, Ohio
Premier Awards and Top Performers: Recognizes those who work to achieve success across all brand initiatives, such as growing brand awareness, providing differentiated guest service, driving profitability through operating costs and tech, and providing a frictionless experience for crew members and guests.
- Franchisee of the Year – Andrew and Ray Howell, Winter Garden and Alva, Florida
- Rookies of the Year – Roger Wagner, Cicero, New York, and Da’Reek and Tia Banks, Decatur, Georgia
- Manager of the Year, Kelly Melton, Tampa, Florida
A total of 290 franchisees and cafes were recognized at the convention for their performance in the categories listed here as well as for financial, development and operational successes.